Not all shingles are created equal, and neither are the companies that install them. Do you need a "shingle-swapper" or a team of dedicated craftsmen that will replace AND repair everything from rafters, trusses and sheathing to valleys, saddles, and flashings. We want you to be confident when telling your neighbours what a great job we did! How do you hire a roofing contractor?
The Ontario Ministry of Labour
has published the following information on Buying or Replacing a Roof, which we encourage you to carefully review and follow when contemplating a new roof.
Buying or Replacing your roof? Don't get scammed!
Home renovation problems, including roofing, are among the top consumer complaints in Ontario. Take the following precautions before you buy a roof:
How Do You Know When It's Time to Call in the Experts?
- Ensure that you get written quotes for the work to be done on your roof, and make sure that they contain everything you ask for.
- Make sure you understand what you are signing for and what is included.
- Make sure the invoice, estimate or contract gives the full name of the sales person and the name, address and phone number of the roofing contractor.
- Ask your contractor to see any safety gear that will be used on the job, and ask if the workers have been trained to work safely.
- Avoid any contractors who try to offer you a tax-free deal to replace your roof. This can be a sign that a business is not only avoiding tax responsibility, but other important consumer and worker protection responsibilities as well. Read more...
When you start to notice signs of age, or wear and tear on your roof. Unfortunately, roof damage can go unnoticed for a long time. When you start to see shingles that are buckling, bulging, curling, or tearing, it's time to investigate repairs or replacement. Talk to the pros at Action Home Improvements.
Action Home Improvements carries the best names in durable roofing products, such as Bankor, BP, CRC, DECRA, Duraflo, GAF, and Owens Corning. We've got you covered! Request your free estimate today.